North Texas Giving Day is 9/14/17
(6:00 am to midnight)
The Family Greenhouse (TFG) is honored to be an eligible nonprofit approved to participate in this incredible annual event. If you don’t know what it is, check it out. Last year we raised over $23,000 for our much-needed scholarships and operating expenses. This year’s goal is $30,000 and you can help by giving and spreading the word. Please take a moment to make a commitment to give so we can count on you.
The negative view of marriage:
- Marriages are struggling- The number of people cohabitating versus marrying increased 88% between 1997 and 2007.
- Christian marriages are under attack. Many believe divorce will make them happier, but the effects on them, their children, and even their children's children is dramatic.
- The false idea of divorce making them happier is trampling relationships inside and outside of the church. Research shows divorce does nothing to improve the emotional well-being for a vast majority of people.
Turning the negative to a positive:
- Effective communication and conflict resolution are essential skills but hard to apply in the relationships that mean the most.
- Families can go to counselors to dig into the past and find out why they do the things they do, but many people are ready to move forward. That's what we do!
- We can see we are making a difference. Check out the reviews of real people who have experienced The Family Greenhouse.
- We had 584 coaching sessions since last North Texas Giving Day- and we are ready for even more!
- We offer lower rates for coaching and workshops because we want to be accessible to all people. Otherwise, growing relationships would only be available to upper-middle class families.
- We provide scholarships to missionaries, pastors, and people who are in a rough spot.
- We are involved with the community. We attend and host events to improve relationships and elevate marriage and family.
- This means when you send your friend or neighbor to us, we will do all we can to be the help or get the help they need.
- We want to offer partial scholarships to individuals, couples, and families so that everyone can have stronger relationships.
- We want to expand our reach to those inside the church and out, those pre-married and remarried, blended families and all generations of relationships.
- We need to move the ministry forward:
- Train and mentor our coaching staff
- Expand to reach coaches, pastors, counselors, marriage mentors with new training materials
- Create more tools for our clients
Here are four ways you can help:
- Save the date 9/14/17 to your calendar!
- Make a commitment to give
- Tell your friends about NTXGD and ask them to donate to your favorite nonprofit, The Family Greenhouse!
- If you can, meet us at Finch Park in McKinney the evening of 9/14, from 5:30 to 7:00, for a big outdoor event.
Thank you for being a part of The Family Greenhouse team! Your generous support makes a great difference to the health of The Family Greenhouse and our ability to help individuals, couples, and families in north Texas.
Fun Facts about NTX Giving Day:
- Gifts $25+ will be multiplied by $2.5 million in bonus funds and prizes when you give through NorthTexasGivingDay.org between 6am and midnight on 9/14/17! This is a ONE DAY EVENT.
- North Texas Giving Day is not just a day. It’s a movement that inspires and unites tens of thousands of donors across the world to support their favorite North Texas causes online through NorthTexasGivingDay.org.
- Join the fun in person at parties thrown all over town throughout the day! Visit the events page to learn about donation stations in Arlington, Dallas, Denton, Fort Worth and McKinney.
- Nonprofits can raise their own challenge funds to “challenge” the community to give even more to their organization on Sept. 14.