email@example.com | (469) 333-0361
Ken has lived most of his adult life feeling as though he’s living in a sorority, heading a household of a wife, and (mostly) girls (6). Naturally introverted, and having grown up in reserved family environment, Ken has had to learn to communicate his feelings to survive at home.
An engineer by training and technical writer by trade, Ken has led a successful career in industry. However, his life experience within the context of his marriage, and through parenting special needs and adoptive children, has provided him a passion for helping others in the community to build thriving relationships within difficult circumstances.
Ken is the proud father of nine kids and counts it a blessing to be called “Paw-Paw” by his growing bevy of grandkids.
A lifelong outdoors enthusiast, Ken has scaled multiple mountain peaks and paddled many a mile in a canoe. He finds going on runs with his wife, Laura, to be a great way to connect amidst all of life’s craziness.
Education and Achievements
- Married to Laura, my bride of 32 years
- BS Engineering (Ceramic) – Missouri University of Science & Technology
- 35 years in industry (defense electronics, telecom, oil & gas) as engineer, technical writer, manager
- Certified Quality Engineer (CQE), Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Licensed with Child Protective Services ( CPS- foster / adopt)
- Certified Professional Life Coach (CPLC)
- Prepare/Enrich Facilitator Certified
- Pursuing licensing within the Evangelical Free Church of America (EFCA)
- ?? lives influenced through youth ministry and teaching Sunday School
- Provided safe haven for homeless/parent-less teen girls
- Provided home through Child Protective Services (CPS) for children removed from abusive homes
- Adopted 5 kids through CPS
- Paddled 150 miles on an Northern Tier canoeing adventure with Zechariah
- Backpacked 20 miles over 3 days with Nathan on Arkansas’ Ozark Highland Trail
- Climbed Horn Peak (13,450 ft.) with daughter Amy (age 9)
- Ran my first Half-Marathon at age 50!